Papua New Guinea
Kenex are offering Porphyry Cu-Au, Low Sulphidation Epithermal Au and Skarn mineral prospectivity models to companies with an interest in mineral exploration and mining in Papua New Guinea (PNG). We have developed a functional exploration GIS that contains relevant spatial data and three prospectivity models that identify the most prospective areas of porphyry Cu-Au, epithermal Au-Ag and Skarn mineralisation systems in PNG with respect to the current exploration models for those types of mineral systems.
The GIS has been compiled of available open file geological, geochemical and geophysical data over PNG. A structural geological review on regional as well as local controls on mineralisation has been completed and the structural model checked against the geology, geophysics and geochemical results. The geochemical data has been reviewed statistically at a regional scale to derive local anomaly levels for gold, silver, copper, arsenic, molybdenum, antimony and mercury in rock and stream sediment samples. In summary the compiled GIS has been used to:
- Develop two prospectivity models to indentify the most prospective areas in PNG for porphyry, epithermal and skarn mineralisation.
- Derive anomalous threshold levels for geological, geochemical and geophysical data.
- Identify missing data that needs to be collected to upgrade the prospectivity of targets.
- QA the database against exploration models being used.
- Review exploration models in relation to current exploration.
- Prioritise a list of those geological variables that are the best predictors of mineralisation.
- Review current exploration techniques in relation to exploration models used in the modelling.
- Review current exploration prioritisation in relation to prospect priorities identified by the modelling
- Develop recommendations for follow-up field work.
Kenex consider that the prospectivity models generated for PNG along with the exploration GIS would be a valuable tool in enabling a company to accelerate its exploration, identify opportunities inside and outside your current tenement package for joint venture or acquisition and get ahead of your competitors. Furthermore, through the integration of your prospect scale exploration data the models can be updated to provide exploration focus through prioritisation of targets that fall within your tenement portfolio.
The national scale prospectivity maps for epithermal gold and porphyry copper-gold already developed are available on a multi client basis for:
First model - AUD $10,000
Second model - AUD $5,000
The full GIS data set supporting the models is available for an additional AUD $10,000